The mission of DC kids is to partner with families in new and exciting ways to raise well-adjusted kids who love God and love His church.
2020 had an isolating affect on so many of us, and our kids felt that as well. Now more than ever Disciples wants to join you in partnership to reconnect with you and your kids as we begin to gradually reintroduce a DC kids program to our Sunday morning experience with fun and joy. Below you will find more details on what you can expect from our kids environment. As with our larger adult gathering, our goal with our kids environment it to balance the biblical mandate of gathering in community with efforts designed to ensure that our gatherings are not spreading Covid-19. We will provide a safe, clean environment for your children to play and learn.
Volunteers are the backbone of our Sunday morning experience. If you are interested in joining us on this mission to share the love of God with the kids in our community, please click on the link below to email our Children’s Ministry Director, Ruth Zive.
We look forward to seeing you at our Sunday gathering!
Current DC kids Environment
- Infant Space: 8 weeks – 18 months
- Toddler Space: 18 months – 3 years
Kids 4 years – 5th grade will join parents for family worship and then will be dismissed to the Elementary classroom for a short Bible lesson, small group time, and supervised play.
Some things to know about our DC kids environments:
- Capacity in each environment is set to accommodate 12 children
- We will not be serving snacks (see the FAQ section below)
- Touch free check-in is available via the Church Center app. Our team will be available at the check in station to help first time families navigate the check in process seamlessly, it takes just a few minutes